Thursday, April 1, 2010

93. Gettin' Busy at the Beach

You know that infamous scene in From Here to Eternity?  The one at/on the beach?  (If you don't and wish to view it, click here.)  Well, your SoCal gal, me, Lori Bjork, had a little gettin' busy enounter of her own at the beach a couple of days ago.  And that condom, well...

APRIL FOOLS!!!

Truth is the day I was walking the beach and came upon the crabs in the video, there was a couple going at it pretty hot and heavy.  I refrained from digitally capturing their PDA.

It got me to thinking how now that I write these blog posts, I find I don't need to seek stories much any more.  They seem to find me.  I didn't really plan on writing about "getting busy" at the beach.  While it wouldn't be my choice (not a fan of sand in my crack, if you get what I'm sayin'), I don't feel it is my place to be the morality police.  Although, who knows gettin' busy at the beach may actually be illegal.

What made me decide to write about it was the litter, the used condoms I found floating at the water's edge and the used condom wrapper next to a crab.

It's no secret I love the beach.  While I could care less whether someone gets busy at the beach, it just seems plain rude to use the beach as your own personal garbage can.

I understand things can get a little heated and your brain gets in a euphoric state, so you may not be thinking too clearly after.  Still...

You know what?  There is so much more I could say.  Children play at the beach.  We already have a plastic problem at the beach and the Pacific Ocean, we don't need a latex one, as well.  Kudos for at least having safe sex.  There are plenty of trash receptacles on the beach, etc.  I'll stop here and simply ask nicely, "if you are going to the beach to please be respectful and clean up after yourself.  Thank you."  Now I will put my soapbox back in the closet.

I hope everyone has a magnificent and fun April Fools Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment