Monday, February 15, 2010

65. Best Sight L.A. for a Love Hangover Cure

As I write this it is the day after Valentine's Day.  No one talks about it, but I wonder if it is possible to O.D. on too much love on Valentine's Day.  Okay, maybe not.

Let's say hypothetically that it is possible.  Then you know the place you need to go to get legal drugs (not including the at least five medical "kush" sights I noted along the Ocean Front Walk in Venice) is a pharmacy.

Not just any pharmacy.  For a love hangover, nothing less than a "Best Sight L.A. Award" pharmacy is good enough for my readers.  So..without further delay, the award for the "Best Sight L.A. for a Love Hangover Cure" goes to the CVS pharmacy on the corner of Rose and Main in Venice, California (255 Main Street).

I personally dubbed the very Venice-esque sculpture which adorns the CVS pharmacy, the "clown-erina".  Do you think there is a drug to cure being wrong?  The sculpture by Jonathan Borofsky is titled "Ballerina Clown"  To read the artists inspiration for this art piece, please click here.

But wait, there is more!

If you act now, I'll throw in a second award for no additional cost...

Okay, I think I may have momentarily been channeling a late-night infomercial. If you recall, however, no award was given away in my Valentine's Day blog.  Before the love hangover idea popped in my mind, I intended to give away an award for "Best Sight L.A. for Building Art that Cleverly Conceals a Parking Garage Entrance".  And the award would go to "The Binoculars Building, Venice, California".

This Binoculars Building was included in the Venice montage of location shots in the movie, "I Love You, Man".  Again as mentioned in my Valentine's Day blog, I watched the movie, saw the image of the Binocular Building and wondered, "If those binoculars are really in Venice, why haven't I noticed them?"  And of course, the immediately following thought, "I must go there."

The Binocular Building is located at 340 Main Street in Venice.  The building was designed by famed architect, Frank Gehry.  The binoculars as art, the coolest tunnel to a parking garage EVER (that I know of), was designed by Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen.  They also did the Cherry on the Spoon (as I like to refer to it, which is known as "spoon bridge") in Minneapolis.

The Binoculars Building is about half a block away from the "Ballerina Clown" CVS Pharmacy.  What I love about both of these L.A. Sights is the originality.  The risk to try something and then put it out there.  Isn't that usually what gets noticed?  You know when you thrive by being the best "YOU" ever...the most authentic you ever (By The Way, are the only you there will ever be), competition becomes non-existent.  You leave the competitive realm, also known as the plane of competition, to play hand-in-hand with the plane of creativity.  I'm just sayin'!

Wait!  Wait a minute!  Where did this soap box come from and how did I end up standing on it?  I'm getting off the soap box now.

BTW, it is my understanding one of the best ways to cure a hangover from seemingly too much love is more love.  I'm just sayin'!

Ahhh!  Love feels good.  You know what else feels good?  It feels good to celebrate the sights of L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment