Wednesday, November 4, 2009

23. November in SoCal

It's November.
  • You find yourself stuck with vacation you think you would have been happier with in May or June.
  • You love the surf, sand, sun, fun and beach; but it's been at least 10 years since the majority of your skin has been exposed to the sun (plus you are not that anxious for your record to be broken any time soon).
  • You are not big on lines, especially standing in them when it is hot weather.  You know why...not a big fan of sweating.
If the above describes you, especially if bonus of bonuses you are also a morning person; have I got the place for you to vacation.

You guessed, didn't you?  That's how smart you are.

That's correct.  Southern California.  SoCal, baby!  Are you listening?  I don't mean do you hear it.  I mean are you listening?  That's the sound of SoCal's siren song beckoning you with its come hither melody.  Listen.  Here comes the bridge.  "You know you wanna go..."

Average high temperature is seventy degrees.  Average low temp during November is fifty-three degrees.  Sun rises about 6ish AM and sets around 4:30 to 5:00 PM. Kids are in school.  Okay, so the 405 is still a parking lot most of the time.  SoCal does have other streets and freeways.

Last time I went to Disneyland was mid-November.  My best experience ever (so far).  Not too crowded.  Lines moving right along.  It's a Small World was closed.  Boo Hoo!  I'm over it now.

You will need a jacket and an umbrella may be a good idea.  What?  It could rain.  Please, God!  Let it rain.  In case you haven't heard, we've been experiencing lower than usual rain fall for the last four years.  Though I doubt this would have much impact on your fun time.

As long as I'm prayin', I'm just sayin' while SoCal may be water challenged; we certainly have no shortage of garbage, especially the seemingly indestructible, seemed like a great idea in the 50's, wonder invention, plastic.  It will never be my intention to be preachy and always my intention and desire that I am getting across my love for SoCal.  It is this very love which has me feeling gutsy enough to mention here how much I would appreciate if we all did our part to deposit litter in trash receptacles.  Shopping with reusable bags and toting our beverages in SIGG-type bottles is a big help, as well.  You may buy either item with a CaliforniVacation logo by clicking the appropriate link from the sidebar of this blogspot.  Or buy from someplace else.  I'm thrilled with either.  And as I write this, Christmas is just around the corner.  I'm just sayin'!

And, oh yeah, thank you.  Thank you for reading this.  Thank you for considering SoCal as a vacation destination.  Thank you if you do visit for doing your part to keep SoCal litter-free and our plastic trash at a more manageable level.  And, oh yeah, please always remember, "you are awesome!"

P.S.  I'd love to say I was the artist responsible for the awesome photograph in this blog post.  That credit must go to Marshall Astor of San Pedro, California.  Please click here to be magically transported to his flikr presence.  You know, if you are interested in perusing any of his other photogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment