Friday, November 20, 2009

33. Two By Two

I'd never purposely imply the greater Los Angeles area is lacking in much.  Okay, maybe water, but otherwise...  Even when it comes to professional sports teams, we have been blessed with two hockey teams, two baseball teams, two basketball teams and I don't know how many futbol (soccer) teams.  Sorry my treasured readers, I don't desire to know.  Yet when it came time to get on the proverbial NFL ark, we managed to miss the boat.  So...if you are an NFL fan who finds yourself in the greater Los Angeles area, your team of choice is an out-of-town team.

This situation makes for an interesting Sunday morning phenomenon in and by Pier Avenue in Hermosa Beach.  BTW the "h" in Hermosa is silent.  Hermosa means beautiful in Spanish.

To give you a better feel, allow me to remind you when football coverage begins at noon on the east coast, this means it is only 9 AM in sunny L.A.  To me, that is already a strange mix; football, beer and breakfast.

If you visit this Pier Avenue area on a Sunday morning, you notice many of the dining and drinking establishments have chosen an NFL team.  One establishment has gone so far as to choose the Lions.  Huevos Grandes?  I'm just sayin'!

The morning we went we chose our venue, Sharks Cove, because it is a proclaimed Steelers' establishment.  Had they not been playing the Vikings the morning we went... Judges?  Personal Foul.  Too much purple on the upper torso.  Entrance DE-CLINED!!!

As if this wasn't surprising enough to me, this Steelers' haven offers tater tots (a registered Ore-Ida trademark product invented 55 years ago by founders F. Nephi Grigg and Golden Grigg) with breakfast.  Don't even think about asking for hashbrowns.

I wish to thank Sharks Cove here for inspiring me to make a hot dish I love.  To see my video how to make my easy, easy version of this tasty tot hot dish, click here.  To see NFL football while enjoying breakfast, beer (or other beverage of choice) and beach atmosphere, get yourself to the Hermosa Beach Pier area on a Sunday morning druing NFL season.  Who knows what surprise or inspiration may await you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment