Thursday, December 3, 2009

34. Santa Monica Just May Be Lamborghini Heaven

One of the things I frequently notice since moving back to California from Minnesota, which I allude to in one of my other posts, is cars.  One never knows what exotic sports car, like a Lamborghini, they may see next on the mean, crowded streets of greater Los Angeles.  Okay, the streets aren't mean.  I just threw that in the mix for effect.

In one of my other posts, I mention Santa Monica.  Due to a comment, I decided to look for the statue of Santa Monica in Santa Monica.  The photo of the statue of Santa Monica is one of the few photos I've included in my posts that isn't one of mine.  I choose to write about places I've been to and experienced.

That's when it happened.  It's one of the things I love about writing this blog.  You never know what you might see that you didn't expect.  The only downside in this instance is I had already run out of memory for my camera and almost didn't get a digital recording.  Luckily, I have okay enough photo capability with my mobile phone to at least relay the gist of the experience.


Unfortunately, I was unable to find out why all of these Lamborghinis were lined up and displayed.

What tickled me is that before today if I'd seen A Lamborghini, I most likely didn't recognize it as it whizzed past me.  Today I seem to have hit the mother lode of Lamborghini sight seeing.  There had to be at least ten Lamborghinis in a rainbow of colors that pulled up and parked in their temporarily reserved parking spaces on Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica.  More than likely that number was probably closer to twenty.

I really enjoyed seeing the driver of one of these fine looking automobiles who pulled a one-eighty turn in an effort to pull into his spot.  Motor revved.  Tires squealed.  About two seconds later cop car and peace officer in said driver's face to issue a citation for...who knows...wild driving?

From my research I can only assume it had something to do with Lamborghini's decision to open its North American Sales arm in Santa Monica.  A smart move when you consider California represents about one-third of Lamborghini's North American sales.

So class, what have we learned?

Correct.  If you are in the market for a Lamborghini, now you know.  Get yourself to Santa Monica, California or Orange County, which you will find from my L.A. Sightseeing Examiner "Wo"manifesto is part of the greater Los Angeles area.

No comments:

Post a Comment