Tuesday, December 22, 2009

46. Holidays At Holy Cross


Around Halloween, 2009, I wrote a blog post about Holy Cross Cemetery in Culver City, California.  I wrote how peaceful and beautiful the cemetery is during the day...not frightful at all.

I wrote about how different Holy Cross Cemetery seemed to me because the grave markers in all sections, except one, are flush with the ground.  This makes it easy to see any adornments, such as flowers, brought as love tokens in honor of the dearly departed.

I wrote about the first time I visited the cemetery during the holidays (some of the departed members of my family are laid to rest at this cemetery); and how amazing it seemed to me the way this cemetery becomes transformed due to all of the holiday adornments.  Every year Holy Cross chooses a day in January when remaining adornments not removed are removed by Holy Cross.

As you will see in the video with this article, the economy may have been in a down turn most of 2009; but remembering the dearly departed at Holy Cross Cemetery is thriving this holiday season.

With that in mind, three things:
1.  if you wish to get a feel for the contrast of what the cemetery looks like without holiday adornment, click here to view the video from my Halloween blog post;
2.  I wish to dedicate this article to my Aunt Loretta for always being so awesome and loving about remembering our family's departed loved ones (well and just for being so all around loving period); and
3.  I wish all my treasured readers the most stressless and joyous holidays ever this year.  May 2010 be your best year ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment