Tuesday, December 22, 2009

45. Cruisin' at the Beach Christmas Car Show Highlights

Considering this car show in Redondo Beach at Ruby's Diner was canceled the previous week (12/12/09) due to too much rain, this beautiful day in the South Bay of L.A. couldn't have been more beautiful.

We arrived at the event before the 9 AM scheduled start time to enjoy breakfast at Ruby's.  We were fortunate to sit in a booth so Uncle Larry was able to watch the various cars as they drove into the parking lot to sign in and be directed to their parking spot.

Ruby's interior was decorated festively and fun.  This particular Ruby's has a pulley system on the ceiling around the perimeter of the restaurant to give the illusion that fish are continually circling around.  The decorator adorned each fish with a Santa hat.  Too cute!

My potatoes were cold.  Ruby's doesn't serve the stereotypical hash browns.  The potatoes served with breakfast are cubed and fried.  Most likely had they been warm they would have tasted good.  And some may be thinking, "why didn't you ask to have them warmed up?".  Too lazy, I guess.  Plus, the heuvos rancheros I ordered was a huge portion and yummy.  Thus, I wasn't too inclined to have room in my tummy for the potatoes anyway.

Toys were collected and trophies would be distributed for many different car categories, which only seems right since there were such a wide variety of vehicles represented, for example, the Wartberg shown in the photo above.

When it comes to the cars at the show my words would surely fail compared to seeing them visually (and for that matter the images you will see pale in comparison to seeing them in person, but it's the next best thing if you were unable to attend).

Enjoy!

P.S.  Please note there was so much to see I needed to put together two videos, part a and part b.  Also, I dedicate this post to my Uncle Larry who loves cars.  Happy Birthday, Uncle Larry.  I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment