Monday, October 12, 2009

Post 6.1 California Historical Landmark No. 965

"You're out of order!"

"No you're out of order!"

No...this blog post is out of order.

Before Miramar Beach, there was California Historical Landmark No. 965...at least from the standpoint of my chronological visits.

And where is California Historical Landmark No. 965?  Malibu, baby?  Yes!  That Malibu.  You know, the one where Charlie Harper from Two and a half Men lives.  I keep trying to find the house, but...

Okay, I'm kidding.  Thank God, right?

Now that I am your CaliforniVacation Travel Tour Goddess, I've been noticing stuff.  You know, like if you buy a yellow 'Vette and all of a sudden start noticing them everywhere.

I noticed on my drive up (as Malibu is north from my home in the Hawthorne Hood) Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) into Malibu it boasts 27 miles of city.  According to its Wikipedia presence, since incorporating the true length of its coastline is 21 miles.  Apparently, Malibu wants you to feel things in Malibu are larger than they appear.  Sounds like some coastline envy to me.

Anywhoooo.....

Hawthorne has over 80,000 citizens, Malibu has 18,000 according to its sign.  Is that number fudged too?  Okay, I don't really care.  My point:  they have a lot less citizens per area in Malibu than Hawthorne.  I kinda like it.

I'm digressing a bit though, as the whole city of Malibu (click here for their official web presence, if you are interested) is not California Historical Landmark No. 965.  The actual landmark can be found at Point Dume (pronounced doo-may).  May I say that this point is quite groo-vay if you are looking for what in my opinion is THE (I capatilize purposely) premier place to view a sunrise or a sunset in Los Angles County, especially if you love the beach.

It is also a nice place to visit to hike or hang, etc.

I understand it is also the perfect place to watch California gray whales during the December to March migration period.  You know I'll be there to get a digital rendering.  Of course, I'll share.

Here's a little insider tip that you probably won't get on any official-type web presences: Do not drink an entire large size Taco Bell cup full of soda before going there as there are no restroom facilities except the way old fashioned way of finding a private spot and squatting, especially since there are very, very few private spots at Point Dume.  Okay, that may be good advice for visiting most places you may not feel a restroom will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment